The main cause of health-issues is an unhealthy lifestyle and diet. Life without health-problems is the thing of past and to overcome these issues we require a certain type of medication. But, excess consumption of drugs is harmful to health as it carries side-effects. Drug overdoses happen accidentally or intentionally.
An overdose occurs when a person takes more than the medically recommended dose of a prescription. Always buy prescribed medicines from the certified medical store and Canada Drugs Direct offers you all medicines at a mid-range price tag.
Here, we discuss some prevention tips for a drug overdose that may help you in getting positive results as soon as possible.
Reasons for Overdose:
It may happen accidentally as well as intentionally. There are several reasons for drug overdose such as:
- Consuming a stronger dose
- Taking drug which contains substances of abuse
- A regular dose of a drug which tolerance has lowered.
Drug overdose is a medical emergency which requires instant treatment as it may lead to other health consequences.
Symptoms of Drug Overdose:
Symptoms may vary as per the drug and it affects the entire body. Drugs overdose increase the chances of side-effects and can cause severe effects such as the death of the person. Overdose may trigger certain other chronic diseases for an example asthma attack, chest pain, etc.
- Skin Problem
- Chronic Chest pain
- Some drugs can also damage the specific organ.
- Abnormal Breathing
- Problem with a vital sign such as blood pressure, temperature, pulse rate, etc.
How to Prevent Drug Overdose:
According to research, a number of deaths due to drug overdose increasing day-by-day. If you are depending on a specific drug then you require frequent medical attention. Best way to prevent overdose is to stop taking drugs that have negative effects on your body. But, if someone is addicted to it then it is a matter of concern.
By following the below steps you can decrease your addiction to some extent.
- Be aware of its side-effects
- Know your drug and its dosages
- Avoid alcohol when you are taking any drug
- Always follow this line before starting any drug ’Start Low and Go Slow’.
- Take medicines in the presence of someone because if you take an overdose, the person may help you.
- If you have an addiction then takes substance abuse treatment as soon as possible. This treatment helps you in preventing drug overdose.
You may choose one of the substance abuse treatments. Drugs overdose treatment are as follows:-
- Residential Treatment
- Intensive Outpatient
- Standard Outpatient
- Gender-Specific Treatment
- Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy
- Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Group Counseling
- Individual Counseling
Conclusion: Above preventive tips will be beneficial in drug overdose issues. You can easily get free from drug addiction if you have strong will power. Rather than treatment, your own determination will help you to overcome this life-threatening habit. So, be positive and focus on your strengths.